Intro Blog

    Good Morning everyone, my name is Mariajose Martinez Lopez and I am 17 years old. I was born and raised in La Ceiba, Honduras for the first 6-7 years of my life till I moved to the United States in 2013. I am the oldest of 3 kids, my younger brother is 13 and my younger sister is 7. I live with both my mother and father and my siblings, of course! Living in the United States is obviously very different than living in Honduras for sure. It is a lot more busy and has very populated cities as well, people are always working and kids are always out with their friends when they aren't at school. Family dinners aren't as common but traveling is. One thing I love to do with my family is travel. We have traveled to Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, pass by the Virginia's and more. My top two trips was to Disney World/Island of Adventures and going to an underground water fall (Ruby Falls) and hiking plus another water fall in (Rock City). We always do road-trips so we can take stops around each state to explore. Although traveling 13+ hours with younger siblings get a little annoying...hahahaha...but I still love them. In the future I hope to go to South Korea with my mom and get to try all their delicious food. As well as spend a whole summer touring Europe with my aunts from Germany.

    My future career is to become an International Business Lawyer. I will first get my degree in international business and then law school. I am graduating this school year 23-24 so I am getting to making my decisions on what colleges I want to apply to. It has been very stressful with everything going on with college essays, college applications, school, extracurriculars and more but I am still very excited for this upcoming stage in my life. 

    This class was not something I was initially interested in because it has minimal correlation to my future career but I am taking it because it is needed for one to open their scope on things and get out of my comfort zone. All high school I have been taking pre-law classes, AP's and AICE classes. However, my senior year classes are interesting. During course selection I asked for pre-law classes and college level classes but when I started they gave me elective classes I personally would never do such as this class and fashion. I was so set on switching them to what I initially wanted but then I realized that this shows how much I have stayed in my comfort zone classes instead of trying something new. So I stayed in both, so far I am liking my classes, in fashion I am improving my creativity side and in media studies I am improving my knowledge in behind the scenes in films (I love films!) and writing as well. Anyway, I've been talking too much. 

P.S. I attached some family and waterfall photos. 

Thanks for reading, 

Mariajose :) 

                                           



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Dead Silence