Production Blog: Song Choice

 Hello everyone! I am in production blog #3, meaning were almost to an end. In this blog I wanna talk about my song choice. I know I haven't talked about what song I have chosen at all. So I thought today would be the perfect day. Just for some refresher, my commercial will show baby me and now me. I wanted to pick a song that would fit into all of that. A emotional song about growing up. :(  Drumroll please!... I choose Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift. The reason I choose this song is because I am not sure how I feel about growing up, to be honest. It's difficult. Without your knowledge, you are growing up. Growing older is such a bizarre concept since while you're younger, you frequently wish you were older. Not only is this songs slow and emotional by the music but also the lyrics. It says "don't you ever grow up" and "Wished I never grow up". 


Again when one is younger we want to grow up be older, become adults so we can do as we please. However, once we grow up we see that it wasn't as simple as we thought. We then change our minds and wished that we never wished to grow up. That we go back to being younger, where we didn't have soo many responsibilities or face many obstacles. So the way I added this song into my commercial on capcut, I used the chorus in the beginning and the end as well as the bridge. I started with the beginning chorus using my baby or young photos and videos. For the ending chorus and bridge I put the photos and videos of older me. The lyrics fits because the "don't you ever grow up" is someone telling younger me to not grow up and the "wished I never grow up" is older me wishing I hadn't grown up. The way I added the audio to my commercial on the cap-cut app is I download it completely and then cut the pieces I wanted and made sure they transitioned smoothly. It wasn't a high difficulty task but there was still some difficulty to it. Well, this is al for today! 

P.S. I attached a YouTube lyrics video of the song. 

Thanks for reading,

- Mariajose :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Dead Silence