Reflection


 Hey everyone! How are you all doing? This is my last blog for this project, I'm so sad :(. I am going to be answering some questions for reflection on my commercial. I hoped you guys watched the results in my last blog and loved it. 

First question is: What technology did I learn to use? 

I personally have never really done a commercial or full on edit so I was new to pretty much everything. I learned to use Capcut which is a editing app. It was very interesting because its templates are all over TikTok but I never really checked it out. I did my research on how to use it and it went pretty well. Did some trials before doing my final draft of the commercial and I learned a lot. Another technology was actually my MacBook. I normally use it for school homework or personal work but never for an assignment like this one. So I obviously knew the basic use but for this project I had to learn a little more about the functions so I could put the commercial together. It really made my feel like I had little knowledge of technology...hahahaha. I also used my iPad to get the audio and then transfer it to my computer to then getting it to CapCut, so I learned that technology as well. Overall, this project influenced me to learn how to use a lot of technology. 

Second question is: What did I learn about the process of putting a project together? 

The process of putting this together wasn't easy to say the least. I really thought it wasn't going too complicated but it was. It was time consuming and needed a lot planning. The process of planning it took a couple days and the selection as well. I have definitely learned that I can't rush it and to have higher expectations of myself as a student who is determined to work hard. I also learned that research is very important in the process of putting a project together. You wanna have at least basic knowledge of how to use all technology needed and how the commercial should be. Sometimes we think we can improvise but you really can't because you will just be wasting time. I needed to do my research because if not I was very lost and confused and these projects are very individual. Overall, having discipline (on time, do your best, don't Ruch, etc.) and will to research and understand is what I learned about the process. 

Third question is: What do I think I can do to make the next project better? 

Wow..ok...this is a great question. One of the things I can do to make the next project better is to take my time and not rush into the project. Having patience and spreading out the work is very important, leaves less room for error. Another thing would be to pay attention to any minor details as all details are important whether they are big or small. Details make the project you know. I think by watching my final project a couple times and taking notes of it would help me see what little details I need to fix. You never know when the person grading or just the audience watching it would see, the little mistakes that could have been fixed. Yes, so overall, I would just take my time and focus on minor details. I think by doing so my next projects will improve A LOT! 

The last question is: What is my favorite part of doing my commercial? 

By doing this commercial I got to go back in time and see myself as a little girl. I got to see many of my top best memories and I think that was something that made my days. Definitely my favorite part! Growing up isn't easy, we get more responsibilities, less free time and soon we have to start working and paying bills. When one is young we wish to grow up but once we grow up we wish we could go back in time and be little again. I think that this commercial showed me not only physically growing up but mentally as well. I am now more mature and responsible, have more freedom to be social but also spend time and make lasting relationships. I am a high school senior this year meaning I graduate soon. Going into adult life is scary but by seeing how far that little Mariajose has gotten to today after everything she went through. I am proud! So to conclude this my favorite part was just seeing myself grow up, nostalgic feeling. 


Well guys this is a goodbye for now. Thank you all for staying put and reading my blogs. Love y'all!
P.S. I attached a media studies related meme! HAHAHA 

See you soon, 
Mariajose :) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Dead Silence