Introduction to the Music Video

Hey everyone! How are you all? My name is Mariajose Martinez Lopez, and I'm 17 years old.  Prior to my 2013 move to the United States, I spent the first 6-7 years of my life in La Ceiba, Honduras, where I was born and raised.  My younger brother is 13 and my younger sister is 7, and I am the oldest of the three children. Of course, I live with my parents and my siblings! Living in the United States and Honduras are undoubtedly very different from one another. People are always at work, there are much more crowded cities, and kids spend all of their free time hanging out with their friends when they're not in school. Family dinners are less prevalent, while travel is more common. Traveling with my family is something I enjoy doing. We've been to Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and passed through Virginia, among other places. My favorite excursions were to Disney World/Island of Adventures and visiting an underground water fall (Ruby Falls) as well as trekking and visiting another water fall (Rock City). We always take road trips so that we can explore each state. Although flying 13+ hours with younger siblings can be aggravating...hahahaha...I still adore them. In the future, I intend to travel to South Korea with my mother and sample all of their delicious cuisine.  In addition, I wish to spend an entire summer exploring Europe with my German aunts.

My long-term goal is to work as an International Business Lawyer. I'll initially get a degree in international business before enrolling in law school. I'm graduating this year (23-24), therefore I'm starting to think about which universities I'd like to apply to. With everything going on with college essays, college applications, school, extracurriculars, and more, it has been incredibly stressful, but I am still excited for this next stage in my life.  

This class was not something I was initially interested in because it has little relevance to my future job, but I am taking it because it is necessary for one to widen their scope and step outside of their comfort zone. Throughout high school, I took pre-law, AP, and AICE classes. My final year classes, on the other hand, are intriguing.  I requested pre-law and college level classes during course selection, but when I started, they assigned me elective classes that I would never take, such as this one and fashion. I was dead bent on changing them to what I wanted, but then I realized that this demonstrates how much I have stayed in my comfort zone classes rather than trying anything new. So I stayed in both, and so far I'm enjoying my classes; in fashion, I'm developing my creative side, while in media studies, I'm developing my knowledge of behind-the-scenes in films (which I like!) and writing. Anyway I am ranting at this point ahahahaha.  

P.S. I have attached some pictures so you can get to know me!


Thanks for reading, 

- Mariajose :)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Dead Silence