Movie Research: IT

 Hello Everyone! How are you all? Today you will be following me on a journey to dig deep in to a horror movie of our choice. Looking at the CLAMPS, CAMS and editing of various horror movies helps to best understand what I should have in my short film. Today I will be looking at the move IT an adaptation of the novel IT by Stephen King. I will answering some questions to get a better understanding of the movie. 

1. What conventions of the genre did the movie have that you liked?

    - One convention that was noticeable throughout the movie would the atmosphere. The movie creates a dark and eerie atmosphere, that makes the viewer uncomfortable. It also included one of the main aspects that give a horror movie it's name... jump scares. Throughout watching this movie, I had no idea when the next jump scare was which makes it really thrilling to watch. Also seeing the costumes compliment the characters was amazing. The monster's performance tied perfectly with its creepy and unsettling design.


2. What conventions of the genre that you chose to base your final task on d
oes this movie have?

    - Taking in to account that we will be trying to execute a horror movie, it is important for it to have specific conventions to correctly establish my genre. One of the conventions stated earlier that I would like to include in my short film would be having an effective atmosphere. It is crucial in horror films to draw in the audience with a tense and frightening experience. Another thing I would love to use is having a strategic use of setting. When it comes to my film, it is most likely to happen in the evening/night time. This means we can take the unsettling feeling of being in the dark and use it to our advantage. 


3. What conventions of the genre did the movie have that did not appeal to you and you are thinking of not filming for your final task?

    - For this answer, it is not that it would not appeal to me but the technicality of it would just be too difficult to film. This leads me to say that there will most likely not be any jump scares in my film. This being one of my first films I am filming, it will be difficult to make that shot right. Nonetheless, jump scares are always good to have in a horror film and is what truly makes it a horror film.


Well thanks for checking this out with me. This definitely helped me to narrow down what I desire to add into my short film. 


Thanks for reading! 

-Mariajose:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Dead Silence